Getting a position on the search engine’s first page and improving the visibility of the website is possible if link building is done. Every month the techniques and rules of link building change and so it is very hard to have a full control over this technique. Among all the ranking factors, the second most important is the link building and the first is content and it has been said by Andrey Lipattsev who is the Search Quality Strategist at Google.
If the performance of your active website is analyzed after a few months then you will find that the visitors and clicks that are valid are not received by it.
It is a possibility that the search engines blacklist or ban your website and your money and time can be wasted because of link building as it contains a large amount of useless information also.
Now I am going to tell you 7 powerful link building techniques to gain the most engagement in 2020.
1. Use of internal links – An internal link is present within the website and it connects one page to the other. Your page may be having a good keyword phrase and you have to do its linking with the home page. By doing this an internal link is created. With lots of internal links several web pages are connected and the visitor will see each page one by one and spend much time on your website.
Internal linking has some benefits and these are:
- Each web page receives the link juice in equal amounts and page authority is also improved.
- Website’s overall bounce rate can be decreased with it.
- Website’s indexation and crawl ability is improved with internal linking.
- Exposure and traffic are sent to the blog posts that are older and it helps in improving these also.
- If strategic internal links and relevant content are present on your web page then ranking of the keywords can be improved.
- Some other content can be linked to your relevant page content by using some good keyword phrases on your website.
2. Use of “2020” jacking – It has been found that the updated posts are always preferred by the users. So, for getting the initial backlinks it is better that your headline has a CTA or current year is added to it.
Let us assume that there are 2 posts:
“SEO tools in 2020”
Then SEO tools in 2020 will be clicked by the user first. Your headline can also include some good phrases in it. These are:
3. Link building for local business – You can build links for your local business also. Your business can be searched by the local people and it will help you in drawing additional traffic. In local search results your positions can be improved by using local business citations. Phone number, Address and Name are the 3 terms that are used in local citations. Your website may be using an address and the same address should be added in the local business citation created by you. The location of your business can be verified by the search engines and your local rankings can be improved by the citation links.
The local search ranking can be improved, trust can be built and your website’s authority can be created on search engines like Bing Local, Yellow Pages, Yahoo Local and Yelp by the use of links.
4. Use of trusted sites for building links – According to the policy of Google the search results page will allow only trusted sites and spam sites will be removed. Your website can be put on the search result’s top position and its authority can be established if links are built from websites that are trusted by Google. If the business and products of a website have no relation with a site that receives links from the website then the site will not get any recognition from the algorithms of the search engine.
The search engine will consider it as spam if too many links are built. A website’s performance will be very poor if it receives poor links from a business. Therefore, while building links proper attention must be paid by you.
5. Use of Scoop.it – On a preferred social network the curation, publishing and sharing of a topic selected by the user can be done with the help of a content curation website known as Scoop.it. Some more websites for content curation are:
In the beginning you have to create an account on Scoop.it and then you can use it by selecting a good subject. Now for the subject or topic a related content must be searched by you on the pages of Scoop.it. Users, Topics and Scoops are the 3 categories that you will find there. Among the topics the one that is updated recently and has a lot of views can be selected by you.
6. Use of List.ly – By using a metaphor known as lists social curation can be done with the help of a service called List.ly. It will help you in creating and sharing lists with some other companies of the same industry.
List view can be used for seeing the content because lists are liked by a lot of people. People may take interest in 100 songs or some tips and their list can be created by using this platform.
In the beginning a free account can be signed up on list.ly. On its top there is a button known as “Make a List” and you have to click on it so that the first list is created by you.
Your list can get a lot of comments, it can be shared on social media and Emojis can be used for giving reactions and likes by a large number of people.
7. Use of infographics – Links can be promoted with the help of infographics. Your reach can be increased with this. Infographics can be successfully created if the following points are considered:
- It should be relevant and simple and you have to build it for the audience.
- For quick loading it should be of 1500-2000 pixels in size.
- Two fonts and three colors are sufficient. Do not use more than these.
- Charts and graphs can be used for attracting the audience.
- Only 70 characters should be used for writing a killer headline.
- Description should use 200-300 words in it.
If you want to improve your traffic and conversions with the help of a campaign then it will be a good idea to consult a digital influencer marketing agency.