It has been a while now that people have started trading in Bitcoin. With so many people trading in the crypto market daily, has led to the stagnation of Bitcoin. The increasing number of women and housewives experimenting with the decentralization and blockchain technology of cryptocurrencies is a chief part of widespread adoption, says Leigh Cuen. Women, especially housewives are readily taking part in Bitcoin trading. The number of total female cryptocurrency investors is increasing every day.
INCREASED NUMBER OF WOMEN INVESTORS:
According to a survey performed in December 2019, 43 per cent of the total Bitcoin investors were female. It was further found that most of the female cryptocurrency users had ascended to 43.24 per cent. In a survey performed in January 2021, research showed that 41.6 per cent of the total number of Bitcoin traders were women including housewives.
- An increased number of women have been spending their time and resources to invest in Bitcoin as a result of initial public investment funds and the current day record-breaking peak of digital assets, which are further helping to push this economic tool into the forefront.
- Bitcoin is also known by the name of “digital gold” and it is a great investment opportunity for several people. Housewives have started to save money and invest in Bitcoin. This has made the Bitcoin sector more diverse with new kinds of investors. Investing in Bitcoin requires knowledge and experience. Trading can be a quite difficult task at the beginning. Specially selling and purchasing cryptocurrency internationally to countries like China, the trade now can be a perfect app for such case.
THE PROBABLE CAUSE OF INCREASED WOMEN INVESTORS:
With the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus, a huge number of people have been locked inside their home. Some have lost their jobs while some have grown tired of staying at home. Housewives have a lot of work to do all day and trading in Bitcoin was a mind-changing activity at that time.
- The engagement of women in general in the crypto market has been prominent since the outbreak of Covid. The rising need to divide domestic costs with salary deduction and unemployment has driven women to trade digitally as reported by financial institutions.
- Moreover, women are looking for substitutes to the reducing fixed deposit returns that are offered by banks.
- This could also be due to the increased price, instructional data and greater knowledge on cryptocurrencies available on the internet. The majority of women investors are first time purchaser and a large portion of them are housewives.
- Increasing gold prices, as well as desolate yields on savings of banks and real estate assets, have triggered the speeding growth of shifting money from materialistic to liquid assets.
RISING INVOLVEMENT OF WOMEN AND BITCOIN:
It has been found out that the increased number of female investors could be due to better consumer knowledge, as well as their will to get involved in major areas and the prospect of increased savings.
- Women may be a little more likely than male investors to keep into their Bitcoin posts over a large duration.
- Housewives are found to own multiple cryptocurrencies and in general, own more Bitcoin and Ether.
- Despite the cultural and financial barriers of women, the number of female investors is increasing because they have become more competitive. Over the last year, the quantity of new female participants on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency has increased by up to 1400 per cent. Which is similar to the total number of new male users.
The rise in the earning level of women has resulted in the growth of financial sectors. Women, in general, have become much more conscious and competitive, which is great for the advancement of the world.